What will you gain from this course?
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Understand what makes a good leader.
- Gain an insight into their own leadership style.
- Be able to set direction and prioritise goals to deliver results through others.
- Know how to inspire and motivate a team using leadership skills.
- Learn how to, and when to adapt your leadership style to the situation.
- Understand the purpose and importance of emotional intelligence.
- Know how to develop a strong communication style.
- Apply the core principles of action-centred leadership to your work environment.
- Understand how to promote employee development and mentor employee progress.
What is covered on this Leadership Training Course?
We've listed some of the course highlights below, but you can read a full, detailed course content breakdown by downloading our brochure.
Module 1: What is Leadership?
Leadership v management
Examining the role and attributes of a strong leader
Reviewing different levels of leadership
Module 2: Your Leadership Style
Discover your leadership style
Evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of your style
Module 3: Setting the Direction
Setting strategic goals
Managing your time
Module 4: Communication Skills
Words, tone, body language
Powerful questioning skills
Core principles of running effective meetings
Module 5: Emotional Intelligence & Influencing Skills
Definition and benefits of emotional intelligence
Emotional intelligence in the workplace
Influencing skills and persuading others
Module 6: Action Centred Leadership Model
6.1 - Delivering results through others
- Defining strategy, creating a plan
- Deliverables, performance indicators, timescales
6.2 - Leading the Team
- Team-working, cooperation, morale and team spirit
- Anticipate and resolve group conflict
- Team roles within a group
6.3 - Leading & Managing the Individual
- Performance objectives and responsibilities
- Identify & develop individual capabilities and strengths
- Manage performance
Training and Learning Methodology
Participants will practise and solidify their leadership development and team building skills directly by taking part in an experiential exercise where they are required to choose a leader, work as a team, make decisions, delegate tasks, and assign roles and responsibilities. They will also assess their own and others' ability to lead successfully.
This practical workshop approach includes:
- Discussions and exercises
- Practical application of learning to your own challenges
- Comprehensive course material
- Delivery by a highly-experienced leadership training professional
- Action plans
What are the benefits of this Leadership Skills Course?
Insight and understanding of your own leadership style.
Practical application of our Action Centred Leadership model.
Enhanced communication skills.
Emotional intelligence skills.
Techniques to motivate and inspire your team.
Time management tips.
Techniques for successful meetings.
Feedback and advice from experienced leadership trainers.
Confidence in your own abilities through practical learning and application.