Why is the PMP® exam changing?
Project Management Professional (PMP)® is one of the most widely-respected credentials in the global project management community.
As such, it must evolve to remain at the cutting edge of project management methodologies and continue to lead the way in industry standards.
For this reason, a new version of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide)® was released in September 2017. The updated contents of this PMBOK Guide® will prompt the PMP® Exam to change.
When is it Changing?
The updated exam will come into effect on March 26th 2018.
This means that anyone wishing to achieve a PMP® credential before the changes will need to attend training and schedule their exam as soon as possible.
What is Changing?
There are 6 main changes for PMBOK Guide® (6th Edition):
- New Chapter: Role of the Project Manager (Talent Triangle)
- New sections in each Knowledge Area
- 2 Knowledge Areas renamed: (Schedule, Resource)
- A number of processes will be changed and renamed
- Consideration for Agile practices included
- Chapter realignment
How does this affect you?
Depending on whether you have already attended PMP® Exam Preparation training or not, these changes will mean different things for you.
"I have not yet attended PMP® Exam Prep Training"
- Our last 3 training dates based around the PMBOK Guide® Fifth Edition are October, November, and December 2017. Only a handful of places remain on these dates.
- We recommend reserving your place today to secure one of the last 2017 training places.
- Block between 4 and 8 weeks for revision and utilise our online PMP® exam simulator following the classroom training.
- Schedule your exam as soon as possible, and stay on-track with study in order to be ready to sit and pass your PMP® Exam first time.
"I have already attended PMP® Exam Prep Training"
- There will be a surge in demand for exam bookings over the coming months.
- We recommend scheduling your exam as soon as possible.
- Create a revision schedule and prioritise creating time to study for your exam.
You can get started on the path to a PMP® credential by calling us on Freephone 1800 910 810, or by clicking below to Reserve a Place, or Ask us a Quick Question.