Fast Facts About This Project Management Foundation Course
Delivery Style This is a learner-focused, active learning workshop. You will apply the knowledge and tools to your own projects through interactive exercises and discussion
Experienced, Qualified TrainersOur trainers are formally qualified and bring a wealth of hands-on project management experience to this workshop.
Globally Recognised MethodsThis workshop uses Project Management Institute (PMI)® guidelines to help you gain an excellent foundation and structured approach to managing your projects.
Gain Key Project Management Skills This Project Management Foundation course covers the project management essentials you need to successfully lead projects. These include strong organisational, communication and people management skills.
What is covered in this Project Management Foundation Course?
Module 1: Introduction
Introduction to the PMI® Project Management Framework
Module 2: Initiation & Stakeholder Management
- Defining the Project
- Identifying Project Stakeholders
Module 3: Planning The Project
3A: Project Scope & Quality Management
Using a Work Breakdown Schedule (WBS) & a Scope Statement
Defining Quality Metrics
3B: Project Scheduling
The Time Planning Process
Using a Gantt Chart
3C: Project Cost Management
Understanding the Cost Estimating Process
3D: Project Change Management
Change Control Procedure
3E: Project Risk Management
Identifying & Analysing Project Risk
Developing Risk Responses
Module 4: Project Communications
Stakeholder Communication Plan
Running Effective Project Meetings
Module 5: Executing, Monitoring & Controlling the Project
Monitoring & Controlling Performance Against the Plans
Avoiding Scope Creep, assessing impact, updating plans
Module 6: Closing the Project
Essential steps to close a project effectively
Which Project Management Course is Right for Me?
We offer options to suit all levels of project management training.
- Recommended for all experience levels
- Ideal for those who want to gain fundamental project management skills quickly
- Uncertified - Skills focused workshop
- Currently only available for group or onsite bookings.
- Suited to all levels of experience
- Practical Workshop
- Leads to QQI (formerly FETAC) Level 6 Certification
- Suitable for beginners
- Recommended for those with less than 3 years of project management experience
- Exam Preparation Course
- Passing your exam leads to PMI® Certification
- Designed for experienced project managers with 3+ years of experience
- Exam Preparation Course
- Passing your exam leads to a PMI® Credential
Find out which course is right for you
Which Course is Right for Me?
In-Company and Group Training
The interactive structure of this Project Management Foundation workshop makes it ideal for in-company (on-site) or group training.
Some of the key benefits of on-site training include:
- Flexibility: You choose the training dates and venue.
- Cost-Effectiveness: When you have a group of trainees, on-site training is the smartest option for your budget.
- Customisation: When delivering on-site training, we tailor the course content to meet the goals and requirements of each client.
Find out more about our In-Company Training: