Stakeholder Management Course Objectives
Our Stakeholder Management Course is very practical in delivery style, so that each participant gains both skill and confidence as they learn.
We tailor the content to address any goals or challenges you may have, always remaining focused on the objectives below.
Upon completing this workshop, participants will be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to:
Apply the principles of successful stakeholder management.
Identify and prioritise stakeholders using a framework.
Put in place effective
Engage with stakeholders using a range of communication and interpersonal skills.
What is covered during this Stakeholder Management Course?
Module 1: The Principles of Effective Stakeholder Management
The benefits of using a stakeholder management programme
Understanding the principles of change management
Why do some stakeholders support change while others resist?
Module 2: Identify Stakeholders
Use a structured format to comprehensively identify your stakeholders
Create a stakeholder priority grid
Stakeholder risk analysis
Gather stakeholder information
Module 3: Plan Stakeholder Management
Conduct a stakeholder assessment based on level of engagement
Identify communication requirements
Develop a stakeholder management plan
Plan communication channels to increase your profile in the industry
Module 4: Manage Stakeholder Engagement
Stakeholder Communication Plan
Running Effective Project Meetings
Module 5: Monitor and Control Stakeholder Relationships
Monitoring & controlling performance against the plans
Module 6: Manage Stakeholder Engagement
Develop strategic and commercial thinking
Communication with confidence across all levels
Develop powerful questioning techniques
Develop active listening skills
Setting clear objectives for what you want to achieve
The importance of body language and tone of voice
Structuring your message and getting it across clearly
Anticipating difficult questions and preparing your responses
Handling tricky situations
Building rapport and trust
Overcoming resistance and working towards solutions
Handling the unexpected
Module 7: Monitor and Control Stakeholder Relationships
Assess changes in stakeholder engagement
Adjust plans and strategies as required
Why is Stakeholder Management Important?
Effective stakeholder management is crucial to the success of any project or business. In every situation, there are many stakeholders to consider, from customers and employees to investors, leaders, and project team members.
Ensuring that all stakeholders are engaged and informed contributes to the smooth running of any project.
What are the Characteristics of Effective Stakeholder Management?
- Identify & prioritise stakeholders at an early stage
- Analyse risks & gather information
- Develop a detailed stakeholder management plan
- Clear, consistent communication throughout the project
- Build rapport & trust
- Manage expectations & answer questions
Get in touch with us to find out how you can organise training for your team in stakeholder management. You can reach us by Freephone 1800 910 810, by clicking below to ask a quick question, or learn more by downloading the full course brochure.
Public Course Options
This Stakeholder Management course is only available for in-company bookings. If you would like to attend a public course that incorporates some stakeholder management, we recommend taking a look at our project management courses below:
- Suitable for all experience levels
- Practical skills your can apply immediately
- Covers stakeholder identification and developing a stakeholder management plan
- Opportunity to achieve a QQI Level 6 certification
- Designed for experienced project managers
- Intensive exam preparation
- Module covering stakeholder management processes
- Success in your exam leads to the prestigious PMP® credential
- Suitable for all experience levels
- Gain versatile Scrum Master skills and a strong understanding of Scrum processes
- Incorporates some focus on stakeholders when covering Scrum Projects and Processes
- Course fees include exam and certification fees
- Some experience with agile or iterative project management required
- Practical Agile skills and exam preparation
- Includes a module on stakeholder engagement
Find out which course is right for you
Although each course above incorporates a little focus on stakeholder management or engagement, we encourage you to read through the content in detail to find the right course for you.
Alternatively, why not click below to ask us which course is right for you, or call us on Freephone 1800 910 810? We'll be happy to advise on the right course for your needs.