Watch Video Now
Our Train the Trainer FETAC Level 6 course is for anyone who wants to feel confident and comfortable as a trainer and gain a recognised academic qualification.
What is this course about?
This Train the Trainer course is a FETAC Level 6 accredited qualification which is recognised by FAS. We will provide you with all the tools and techniques to be exceptional in training the trainer. You will learn new skills and ideas through both theoretical and practical means. With this FETAC Level 6 qualification you will have all you need to design, deliver and evaluate your own training.
What is covered on our course?
- Theory of training & adult learning:
- Learn the various concepts of training and education.
- Know the academic framework for training practice.
- Undestand the principles of adult learning
- Understand different learning styles and outcomes
- The role of the trainer:
- A useful guide to good training practice.
- Learn different training styles and how to handle conflict resolution.
- How to deal with challenging attitudes and behaviours.
- Discovering and developing your own needs as a trainer.
- A breakdown of training needs & programme design:
- Guidelines on how to identify and analyse training requirements.
- Learn how to construct a training programme.
- How to identify and set out training objectives
- Learn how to sufficiently conform to certification bodies.
- Preparing for training delivery:
- In depth guidelines into the planning process.
- Learn how to create interesting and relevant exercises.
- Tips on preparation of training tools, visual aids etc.
- Training Delivery
- Encouraging learner participation and facilitating learning
- How to establish, promote and maintain a positive learning environment.
- Learn diverse training strategies to build a varied and appealing programme.
- Evaluation of training:
- Tips on an effective evaluation process.
- How to evaluate learner progress against the programmes overall goals.
- Facilitating learning and Encouraging Learner Participation
Full Course Brochure
In-Company & Group Training
Professional Development has over 25 years experience of providing customised training programmes for a wide range of organisations. We do not simply provide you with an ‘off the shelf programme’, we deliver to meet your specific needs. Find out more
* To gain the FETAC award an additional administration fee of €95 is applicable.
Are there Career Opportunities for Trainers in Ireland?
There has never been a better time in Ireland to pursue a career in training. With the onset of the recession in Ireland it has led to government departments and individuals focusing on upskilling and training. Our train the trainer course allows you to take you experience and learn how to deliver an effective training session. In order to be considered for training within most companies and government departments - the minimum requirement is the FETAC Level 6 qualification.
Now you can instantly download our full Careers brochure
Train The Trainer Courses held throughout Ireland
These Train the Trainer courses are FETAC Level 6 accredited and are for anyone who wants to feel confident as a trainer and gain a recognised academic qualification.
Now you can instantly download our full Locations brochure
Train The Trainer Course Attendees
Professional Development have trained over 1,678 attendees on our Train The Trainer FETAC Level 6 courses all across Ireland in the the past 22 years.
The best trainer I'v ever had!
Penny was outstanding. I have to commend her ability to remember details about participants which makes you feel she really cares.
Rating by Cheryl Thunder of KPMG (Dublin)
Class kept interested and motivated
Outstanding training. No need to improve anything, totally excellent, helpful and kept class interested and motivated
Sharon Cahill / Dublin South FM (Dublin)
Penny couldn't have done enough for us
Penny could not have done anymore for us. She arrived each day with the same level of dedication and enthusim. Greatly appreciated.
Lesley Cassidy / Kerry Connect (Kerry)
The group blended well which was brilliant
Instructors skills where second to non and if I was to suggest something to improve on I would be lying. Instructor made me feel very welcome from the beginning.
Mary Mc Donald / Permanent TSB (Cork)