Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Policy
Professional Development is committed to establishing and nurturing a learning environment and workplace that supports equality and inclusivity for all.
This policy is in place is to ensure that all learners, staff members, tutors, and other stakeholders feel safe, supported, and respected at all times.
Our aim is to always treat everyone fairly. In compliance with The Equal Status Acts 2000-2018, we never discriminate based on gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or membership of the Traveller community.
Methods used to achieve our goal of equality and inclusion:
- Publishing this Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Policy in the following locations:
o publicly on the Professional Development website
o in our Quality Assurance Manual
o in our QQI Learner Handbook
o in our Tutor Handbook
- Making all relevant Quality Assurance Documentation publicly available and easily accessible on the Professional Development website.
- Providing all learners with a copy of the QQI Learner Handbook in advance of their training.
- Ensuring that all staff, including tutors and assessors are familiar with this policy.
- Monitoring student feedback from all training courses on a weekly basis.
- Ongoing monitoring of training and assessment.
- Providing clear communication channels and procedures for questions, requests, complaints, and appeals (outlined in our Quality Assurance Manual, Learner Handbook, and Tutor Handbook).
- Reviewing and updating this policy in tandem with regular reviews of our Quality Management System and in response to any issues that may arise from student feedback, requests.
- Clearly communication our Reasonable Accommodation Policy and supports for learners via our marketing material, booking confirmation communication, and Quality Assurance Documentation.
Breaches of This Policy
Professional Development takes the correct application of this policy very seriously.
Learners, staff, tutors, and assessors are encouraged to communicate any breaches or suspected breaches of this policy so that relevant management and quality review boards can investigate and take measures respond appropriately.