Terms & Conditions: Classroom, Live Virtual, and In-House (In-Company) Training
Please note that these are our terms and conditions for classroom, live virtual, and in-house (in-company) training.
Click here to view our terms and conditions for online training.
1. Payment Terms
- 1.1 A minimum booking deposit of 50% of the Course Fee ("Booking Deposit") is required to make a provisional booking (“Provisional Booking”).
- 1.2 For individuals, payment can be made either by debit card, credit card, or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
- 1.3 No booking is confirmed until payment in full has been made.
- 1.4 We reserve the right to cancel a Provisional Booking at our absolute discretion.
- 1.5 Where the delegate’s employer is paying the Course Fee, a company cheque or valid Purchase Order (if your organisation has been approved for credit by us) is also acceptable to confirm a reservation.
- 1.6 Full payment of the Course Fee is required 30 days before course start date.
- 1.7 Professional Development reserves the right to withhold the issuing of certificates of attendance and/or course completion certificates until payment for the relevant course has been received in full.
2. Communication with Delegates
- 2.1 All communication from us will be by e-mail. You must provide us with a valid, active e-mail address at the time of booking. You must also ensure that the e-mail is secure as private personal and confidential information (including grade and other sensitive information) may be sent to the e-mail address provided by you.
- 2.2 All booking confirmations are issued by electronic mail (e-mail) so please check your inbox (and your junk mail folder) on a regular basis for e-mails from Professional Development. If in doubt please add us to your safe sender list to minimize the risk of our e-mails being redirected to Junk.
- 2.3 All course information (slides, handouts, handbooks etc.) is shared with delegates using our Corporate Dropbox account. We will share this information with you using a link to the course folder, which we will send to you by e-mail. Dropbox will allow you to view, print and save electronic copies of all course information to your computer. All information will be saved in PDF format. This link will be operational for a period of 8 weeks from the course finish date.
- 2.4 If there is a change to the course dates and/or times we will also endeavor to make contact with you by phone and/or e-mail to communicate any changes in course itinerary.
- 2.5 We do not contact delegates by phone regarding any grades or assessment details. It is your responsibility to ensure that you frequently monitor this e-mail for urgent, time sensitive e-mails that will be sent by us to you regarding your; booking, grade, and assessments.
3. Course Suitability
- 3.1 It is the delegate’s responsibility to ensure they read all Course Content sent to them and that the course on which they are booked meets their requirements and is suitable for them.
- 3.2 The delegate is responsible for ensuring that they meet any eligibility criteria laid down by any external accreditation bodies including relevant prerequisite experience where appropriate, and that they can provide documentary evidence to support this if required.
- 3.3 It is the delegate's responsibility to be aware of any further study or assessment work required to achieve the certification relevant to their course. This is particularly pertinent in the case of QQI certified courses and exam preparation courses.
4. Cancellations, Transfers & No-Shows
- 4.1 Where a delegate wishes to cancel their booking up to 30 days before the course start date they are entitled to a full refund of the Booking Deposit. No refund will be made where a delegate cancels their booking within 30 days of the course start date.
- 4.2 Delegates may make one request only to transfer to alternative dates at no additional cost provided they have paid the Booking Deposit. A minimum of 30 days notice is required for any request to transfer to the next alternative date. Any further transfers will result in a loss of any Course Fees paid. No refund will be made where a delegate transfers to an alternative date and subsequently wishes to cancel their booking.
- 4.3 No refund will be made in the event that a delegate fails to attend a course on which they are booked, or in the case of incomplete attendance on a course (“No-Shows”).
5. Issuing of Certificates
- 5.1 No certificates of attendance and/or course completion certificates will be issued until the Course Fee has been paid in full.
6. QQI Certified Courses
- 6.1 Delegates attending QQI certified courses must be in possession of a valid Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) in order to receive a formal certificate on completion from QQI. You must provide us with your PPSN, date of birth, and gender in order to be eligible for QQI certification. See QQI Learner Handbook; section 3.0 "Requirement for Personal Details" for further details. Residents of the UK and Northern Ireland may quote a UK National Insurance Number in lieu of a PPSN. If you do not have a valid PPSN or UK equivalent you may still attend a QQI certified course with Professional Development. You will not be eligible to receive a formal certificate from QQI but you will receive a certificate of attendance from Professional Development.
- 6.2 To be eligible for QQI certification, you will be required to complete further self-directed learning, and to submit assessment work for review as part of your certification process. During training, Professional Development will provide each delegate with a detailed assessment brief, outlining the work required.
- 6.3 It is the delegate's responsiblity to be aware of the assessment work and self-directed learning required once the course has been completed. It is the delegate's responsibility to plan for this, and ensure they have allowed enough time to complete the assessment work within the outlined timeframe.
- 6.4 Each candidate is responsible for submitting the required material by e-mail in the format requested and within the timeframes set out by QQI. Professional Development does not have any discretion to amend and/or waive any of the requirements for the Assessment Work inter alia the deadline for submission.
- 6.5 If you have any questions in relation to the Assessment Work, you should speak with your Trainer during the course.
- 6.6 The issuing of certificates is the sole responsibility of QQI and can take up to 5 months from the date of submission of your Assessment Work.
- 6.7 Professional Development will post your certificate to the address you have provided us once received from QQI.
- 6.8 Where your employer has funded the cost of the course on your behalf, we may, at their request in writing, furnish them with a copy of your results. We will not share any Personal Data with your employer, only your grade and % marks. Please refer to QQI Learner Handbook; section 9.3 "Notification of your Results to your Employer" for further information.
- 6.9 Where your employer has funded the cost of the course on your behalf, they may request that certificates are delivered directly to them. If this arrangement is in place, we will notify you in advance. Please refer to QQI Learner Handbook; section 11.8 "Delivery of Certificates for In-Company Training" for further information.
- 6.10 It is the responsibility of the Delegate to inform us of any changes in their postal address as QQI certs once issued will be posted to the address which we have on file.
- 6.11 Professional Development reserves the right to withhold the issuing of grades and/or QQI Certificates until all Course Fees (including the QQI Admin Fee) have been paid in full.
7. Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI)® Courses
- 7.1 All Course Fees for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® and PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® exam-preparation courses are exclusive of all PMI® exam fees, and PMI® annual membership fees. PMI® exam and membership fees need to be paid separately to the PMI.
8. Course Cancellations & Rescheduling
- 8.1 Professional Development Ltd. reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses and/or venues at its absolute discretion.
- 8.2 Where a course is cancelled you will be offered a full refund or the option to transfer to an alternative date.
- 8.3 Where a course is cancelled Professional Development will endeavour to give a minimum of 7 days notice of a course cancellation.
- 8.4 Professional Development will not be liable for any incidental costs incurred by you as a result of a course cancellation or rescheduling. It is your responsibility to ensure that any accommodation or travel costs are refundable if the course is cancelled or rescheduled.
- 8.5 Where a course is to be rescheduled, you will be contacted as soon possible to inform you of the next available course dates.
- 8.6 You will be offered at least one alternative date to which you can transfer at no additional cost.
9. Course Times & Locations
- 9.1 All courses are run between 9.30am and 5:00pm. Your Trainer may, on consultation with the course delegates, agree to vary these times slightly to accommodate special requests. This may entail an earlier finish time by either an earlier start time or through shorter break periods, or a combination thereof.
- 9.2 All courses are run in third-party locations throughout the country.
- 9.3 Professional Development does not run any courses at its head office in Dublin but at locations (mostly hotels) in close proximity to the M50 motorway.
- 9.4 If you are unsure of the location of your course, please contact your Professional Development customer service representative.
- 9.5 If you are planning on staying at any of the hotels in which the course is to be run, please contact the hotel directly and mention that you are attending a Professional Development training course to avail of the best rates.
- 9.6 The location of your course, including directions will be communicated to you at the time of booking. Please ensure that you monitor your e-mail and check for any updates or changes to course details in the week prior to the Course Start Date.
- 9.7 Course stationary, lunch and tea/coffee, are provided and are included in the course fee. Overnight accommodation is not included and must be booked separately by you at your expense (please refer to 8.4).
- 9.8 For certain courses, you will be required to bring along a scientific calculator for use during the course. Where this is required it will be communicated to you in advance of the Course Start Date.
- 9.9 If you must supply any other materials, we will give you details in advance of the Course Start Date.
- 9.10 Free car parking is available at all our training locations.
10. Access to Online Exam Simulators, Study Materials and Learning Portals
Please note that this refers to online access for those attending classroom, live virtual, or in-company (in-house training). Click here for our online training terms and conditions.
- 10.1 Some courses include access to exam simulators and online study materials. The access period for each course varies, and we will advise delegates of the access period relative to their course.
- 10.2 Access periods are strictly limited to the allocated time.
- 10.3 We will advise you of the start date for your access period. If you wish to defer the start date of your access period, you must request this in writing, in advance of the access period start date.
- 10.4 Requests for access period deferral will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- 10.5 Once a delegate's access period has begun, it cannot be paused, extended, or restarted.
- 10.6 Our exam simulators and online study materials are hosted by third parties. Professional Development does not have control over access periods, and is not responsible for technical matters regarding exam simulators or online study materials.
11. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt SigmaXL Software
- 11.1 SigmaXL Software is a requirement for our Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Programme.
- 11.2 Delegates attending our Lean Six Sigma Black Belt programme will be given a link to download SigmaXL software. It is the delegate's responsibility to download and install the software to their computer.
- 11.3 Professional Development will send information to the delegates regarding the SigmaXL software and the relative minimum system requirements. It is the delegate's responsibility to ensure that their computer can support these requirements.
- 12.1 As part of our customer service focus, we are committed to ensuring that all delegates have a good experience with Professional Development. We welcome all feedback, both positive and negative. This facilitates us in continuously improving our offering to our customers.
- 12.2 If you wish to make a complaint about any aspect of our service, please let us know. As you will appreciate, in order for us to attend to a complaint appropriately, we must have the complaint in writing. An email from you will suffice. Please send any complaints directly to your customer service representative.
- 12.3 All complaints are treated with highest concern and are answered within 30 days.
- 13.1 We are committed to safeguarding your privacy at all times, and in compliance with GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation).
14. Terms and Conditions
- 14.1 By making a Provisional Booking, you are accepting our Terms and Conditions.
- 14.2 Our Terms and Conditions are applicable to all current and future course bookings you make, and courses you attend. This incorporates both public courses and private, in-company training.
- 14.3 We reserve the right to change and update our Terms and Conditions at any stage.
- 14.4 We will provide you with our most current Terms and Conditions every time you make a booking, or upon request if you require them sooner.
- 14.5 It is your responsibility to read the updated Terms and Conditions before you make a Provisional Booking.
PMI, PMBOK, PMP, CAPM, and PMI-ACP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.