Why is the CAPM® exam changing?
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is based around the principles of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide)®.
PMBOK Guide® is widely recognised as one of the industry’s definitive frameworks for effective project management. As such, it must evolve to remain at the cutting edge of project management methodologies and continue to lead the way in industry standards.
For this reason, a new version of PMBOK Guide® will be released in September 2017. The updated contents of this PMBOK Guide® will prompt the CAPM® Exam to change.
When is it Changing?
The new PMBOK Guide® will be released in September 2017, and the updated exam will come into effect in the first quarter of 2018.
This is the most up-to-date timeline available at present. We'll keep you posted on the latest timeline information as it becomes available.
What is Changing?
There are 6 main changes for PMBOK Guide® (6th Edition):
- New Chapter: Role of the Project Manager (Talent Triangle)
- New sections in each Knowledge Area
- 2 Knowledge Areas renamed: (Schedule, Resource)
- A number of processes will be changed and renamed
- Consideration for Agile practices included
- Chapter realignment
How does this affect you?
Depending on whether you have already attended CAPM® Exam Preparation training or not, these changes will mean different things for you.
"I have not yet attended CAPM® Exam Prep Training"
- Reserve your place on any of our upcoming CAPM® Exam Preparation courses. Places are limited to a maximum of 14, so early booking is essential.
- Block between 4 and 8 weeks for revision and utilise our online CAPM® exam simulator following the classroom training.
- Schedule your exam as soon as possible, and stay on-track with study in order to be ready to sit and pass your CAPM® Exam first time.
"I have already attended CAPM® Exam Prep Training"
- There will be a surge in demand for exam bookings over the coming months.
- We recommend scheduling your exam as soon as possible.
- Create a revision schedule and prioritise creating time to study for your exam.
You can get started on the path to a CAPM® certification by calling us on Freephone 1800 910 810, or by clicking below to Reserve a Place, or Ask us a Quick Question.