Professional Development Code of Conduct During Training
In order to establish a respectful, supportive, and inclusive learning environment, Professional Development tutors outline housekeeping guidelines and a code of conduct at the beginning of every training programme.
Each tutor will provide their own variation of the code of conduct and general housekeeping listed below.
To ensure all participants are comfortable throughout the day, the trainer will establish:
- The running order of the day ahead
- Break times
They will also ask participants to make sure they are comfortably positioned. They will remind all participants to take bathroom breaks or get up and stretch as needed.
In advance of training, learners are also provided with guidelines and tips for accessing and optimising their live virtual classroom environment.
View tips and guidelines for joining live virtual classroom environment
Code of Conduct
Equality and diversity are paramount during training.
In line with our Equality and Diversity policy, we endeavour to ensure that all learners, staff members, tutors, and other stakeholders feel safe, supported, and respected at all times.
Our code of conduct during training encompasses:
- Respect: An ethos of respect is first and foremost within the learning environment. All opinions should be respected. There is no such thing as a wrong question or answer.
- Equal Opportunity: Everyone has the right to speak and all are given an equal opportunity to participate.
- Confidentiality: The learning environment is a safe space. Anything that is said within the learning environment is confidential.
- Non-discrimination: In compliance with The Equal Status Acts 2000-2018, we never discriminate based on gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or membership of the Traveller community.
Supports for Learners
A number of learner supports are available before, during, and after the training course.
We encourage learners to communicate any special requirements, queries, or concerns they may have with regard to their attendance and assessment work.
This is communicated via the booking confirmation email, sent at the time of booking a place on a programme. It is also verbally reinforced by tutors during the programme.
- Special requirements may be communicated by email or verbally, depending on the learner’s preference.
- All details regarding special requirements and reasonable accommodation are handled with care, consideration, and discretion.
At all stages of their interaction with Professional Development, learners will have a minimum of one dedicated contact who can assist them with questions and concerns.
From a prospective learner’s initial enquiry, they will have an assigned training consultant within Professional Development.
The training consultant will provide information about the programme, certification, and logistics for the course they have booked.
Tutors provide all learners with their contact email address on the first morning of training.
They encourage learners to contact them via email with any questions they may wish to ask or information they would like to communicate in confidence.
In addition, this email channel is available for formative QQI assessment work feedback during and following training.
Tutors also offer the opportunity to speak outside of class time – for example, at lunch time or at the end of the day – for anyone who wishes to speak privately.
Learners are provided with the email address of Professional Development’s assessments team within the assessment brief and QQI Learner Handbook.
The assessments team are the primary contacts for all certification queries and submission of assessment work.
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- Reasonable Accommodation Policy
- QQI Learner Handbook
- Quality Assurance Manual